Saturday, July 19, 2014

An Attempt to Sokkie

I woke up early Saturday morning to schedule an attraction we planned to do that day. Unfortunately, the place of business was no longer open so we were unable to go. Instead, I went to the Vryfees for a few hours and ate lunch, and then Sami and I went again for dinner as well. We had planned to go Sokkie (an Afrikaans dance) that night, but it seemed everyone was tired, busy, or with their family. We were really upset, but at about 9:30 when we all had our pj’s on, we got a call from Reynecke saying he would be there in 10min and we’re going to the bar. Yay!
Wild Boar was a huge bar that had seating and a bar on either side of a large dance floor. People were sokkying when Reynecke, his girlfriend, Zehanca, Rory, Sarah, and I walked in, but after about 3 songs the music changed to traditional club music. It was a great time and I certainly used my American accent to my advantage, if you catch my drift.
A street performer

In South Africa, they have traditional Afrikaans names on the Coke

A giant slab of meat I found interesting

Rory...

Some guy that knew we were American and jumped in our picture

Sarah, Zehanca, and I




No comments:

Post a Comment