Sunday, July 6, 2014

Sunday means Laundry Day

I was waiting for this day with great anticipation because our plan was to go to a tourist-like attraction called "The Cheetah Experience." I'll let you assume what that might entail. Unfortunately, Megan got sick and Devon had a personal issue so we postponed until possibly this coming weekend. With a full unplanned day ahead of us, Sarah, Sami, and I decided to take a cab to the National Museum. Not as exciting as cheetahs, but I always love a good museum. When we returned from the museum we were greeted by hoards of people with large suitcases filing into our dorm; a seemingly awesome sight, until we walked closer to discover they were half our size. Ages ranging from about 8-16ish? We were informed that they will be staying in our dorm for the week because they are competing in a table tennis tournament in Bloemfontein. Stay tuned.

On another note, at this point in my trip I was completely out of clean pants, in fact, I was completely out of clean pants on Friday (judge me), so it was time to do some laundry. Have you ever taken your dryer for granted on a cold winter day with temperatures just above freezing? I certainly have. Although, it's moments like having to hang my clothes on a clothesline in 40 degree weather while wearing running shorts that I appreciate most, because these moments force me to realize how blessed and thankful I am for the life and opportunities that my parents have provided me, and the friends that I have met along the way. So as a friendly reminder: I love all you guys! You too, Dr. Jones.




No comments:

Post a Comment